Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Exploding Face…Yet!

Last week I promised that I wouldn’t be watching the Celebrity Apprentice this week. But, if you remember, I did say I would DVR it just in case Joan Rivers’ face exploded. Well, I watched it and I couldn’t turn it off. In fact, I was inspired to write this evaluation of this season’s cast.

Andrew "Dice" Clay – It is a good thing that “Dice” is gone. He had absolutely nothing to offer. I wonder why he even agreed to do the show.

Clint Black – After only 2 episodes I have developed a dislike for Clint. Not sure why. He seems like the type who wants his way, no matter what. No questions asked.

Annie Duke – I like Annie because she irritates the hell out of the Rivers ladies. She has a strong personality, is very smart and could go far in the competition.

Tom Green – Very quirky and unusual. Can rub people the wrong way but is also very bright. I am glad Tom will be around to rub more people the wrong way for another week.

Natalie Gulbis – Natalie is on the show for her looks alone. Not that there is anything wrong with that. She will be around until she has to make a business decision.

Scott Hamilton – Scott is a nice guy but not a leader by any stretch of the imagination, especially with this group! Too bad he was chosen Project Manager so early in the season.

Jesse James – I totally underestimated this guy. Jesse might not be as polished as some of the others, but he has as much savvy as any of them. He is my dark horse.

Claudia Jordan – I am not sure about Claudia yet. I think her opinion of herself might get in the way of what she actually has to offer. Some of the stronger ladies might prove to be her undoing.

Khloe Kardashian – I am not impressed at all. Another reality star that thinks she is in the same league as some of the others. She is not. Khloe won this week because of the talent and strengths of others.

Brian McKnight – I haven’t seen enough of Brian to make up my mind yet. He was a little bit more involved this week. I did notice that he knows when to keep his mouth shut. He chooses his words very carefully.

Joan Rivers – Well, her face didn’t explode yet, so we have something to look forward to next week. If you watch carefully you will notice that Joan thinks that she is above all of this. She would much rather be sitting next to the Donald in the boardroom.

Melissa Rivers – She is a younger version of her mother and just as annoying. If you are able to watch the show on a HD television set you will notice that Joan employs the same sculptor as her mother. Very scary.

Brande Roderick – Another case of eye candy, although she has a little more to offer than Natalie. I must admit that I vomited in my mouth a little bit when the Donald told everyone that he tried to pick Brande up at one time.

Dennis Rodman – Just as the Donald loves to surround himself with lovely ladies (Natalie, Claudia and Brande), he does the same with star athletes. That’s why he has Scott, Herschel and Rodman on the show. Unfortunately all Rodman can do is mumble parts of words that make no sense.

Herschel Walker – At least this former gridiron great has a better command of the English language than Rodman. However, Herschel’s answer to someone disagreeing with him is to tell that person to shut up.

Tionne Watkins – Okay, I will admit it, I still don’t who Tionne Watkins is. I don’t think it will matter, because her time on the Celebrity Apprentice will be over as soon as she is named Project Manager.

I have now decided that the Celebrity Apprentice is definitely “Must-DVR TV”. Damn it, I said it wouldn’t happen and it did. I have to admit that I am hooked. Until next time…from the booth.

No comments: