Friday, August 20, 2010

More Kenosha Softball

As some of you may know, I am embarking on another book project. Sorry ladies, it’s not a cookbook full of Italian recipes. It is going to be a follow-up to my first book, “Some Kenosha Softball”. The title of book two will be “More Kenosha Softball”. Like its predecessor, it will include some history, teams, images and tales. It will also feature a section dedicated to the new Kenosha Softball Hall of Fame. As with the first book, I will need some help with both the teams and images sections.

During the July book signing of "Some Kenosha Softball", I received many comments like, “why isn’t my team in your book?” or “why don’t you have had a picture of so and so in your book.” The answer to both questions is the same – YOU DIDN”T RESPOND WHEN I WAS ASKING FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS!

Book two offers you a chance for redemption. Once again I am looking for team information. Team name, sponsors, manager, roster, photos, accomplishments, etc. Here is a preliminary list of teams that I would like to include:

Tirabassi’s
Finney’s Lounge
Finney’s Bears
Finney’s Goons
The 5th Amendment
Ken and Babe’s
Beñe Placito
Fon Tan Blu
John’s Country Club
Pasquali’s
Rumor’s Lounge
Schmitt Brother’s
Sorensen’s Mfg.
Super Sports
Wisconsin Beer Gardens
Pirate’s Den
Stanich Reality

If you know how to get a hold of any of these teams, please let me know. If you want your team included or know of any other teams that would like to be represented, please let me know. My email address is: vag57@wi.rr.com

I plan on having “More Kenosha Softball” available in time for next years Rotary Club Tournament. In order to do so, I have to follow a somewhat rigid timeline. I will need team information and photos no later than November.

You might be wondering why I am asking for this in August if I don’t need it until November. That is because I am dealing with Kenosha softball players. They procrastinate as well as they play softball. I know from experience.

There will be a second book signing sometime in November. This will serve two purposes. One, it will give you an opportunity to pick up another autographed copy of “Some Kenosha Softball” (they make great stocking stuffers!). And just as important, it will allow me to collect this valuable information that I need.

Speaking of “Some Kenosha Softball”, it is now available at the Kenosha History Center as well as at Sister Act Painting and Creative Treasures. Here is the information for both outlets:

Sister Act Painting and Creative Treasures
3816 Roosevelt Road
Kenosha, WI 53142
Phone: 262-308-4395

Hours
Monday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday – Friday 11:00 to 4:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Closed Sunday and Tuesday

Kenosha History Center
220 51st Place

Kenosha, WI 53140
Phone: 262-654-5770

Hours 

Tuesday – Friday 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM

Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Sunday 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM

Closed Mondays and Holidays

If you want your team to be in the second book, please get me your information! And for crying out loud, pick up a copy of the first book! You don’t know what you’re missing! Until next time…from the booth.

No comments: