Tuesday, September 23, 2008

From The Booth

Sometime before Easter, Pat Hegewald let me know that he was going to begin writing for the Daily Kenoshan. Having known Pat for many years, I was anxious to see how his interesting take on things would translate to the written word. He has always possessed a rather unique manner of expressing himself.

A couple of weeks later, Pat reminded me with an e-mail that he was indeed writing for the Daily Kenoshan. I finally got around to checking out his efforts. Keep in mind that it had been quite a while since I had checked out the site. WOW! The Daily Kenoshan has changed. And that is meant in a positive way. It has a very clean, uncluttered look that is easy to navigate.

Equally impressive were the articles that Pat had submitted. They brought back pleasant memories of the fine sports talk show he once hosted with Tom Roders. His article, "Softball Season Is Here", brought a big smile to my face. You see, I first got to know Pat through softball. It was during a time that I refer to as the Golden Years of Kenosha softball.

Like many Kenoshans, softball was a major part of my life during that period. Beginning in the late '70's, I managed the 400 Club. Perhaps you might remember me by my nickname. I was affectionately known as "Puddles". When not managing the 400 Club, I could be found in the announcer's booth at Finney's West, calling softball games. On average, I was in that booth for 18 to 24 games a week, plus countless memories.

Thanks Pat. Your article in the Daily Kenoshan has reminded me of (for lack of a better term) the good old days. Maybe in the near future I can share a few of those stories and memories..."From The Booth"

P.S. Check out the Daily Kenoshan - http://dailykenoshan.com/

2 comments:

Leplume said...

Hi Paul! This is Mary Moczulewski. Hope you don't mind I followed your blog link on facebook. Good to see another local blogger! And thanks for the link!

Paul E. Vagnoni said...

Thank you so much Mary!