Friday, June 14, 2013

Media Overload


Here I go again. I am typing this totally one-handed. It’s hard, but I just realized that I am watching way too much TV again. And it’s on a regular basis. This became very evident when I saw the logjam my DVR list.  Here’s what I have to catch up on: one episode of Am Pickers, two episodes of Counting Cars, two episodes of American Restoration and two episodes of Pawn Stars.

Here is my current prime time schedule:

Sunday
7:00 to 8:00 – Barney Miller
8:00 to 9:00 – Dog and Beth: On the Hunt (DVR)
8:00 to 9:00 – Bar Rescue (when the new season starts)

Monday
7:00 to 10:00 – Kenosha Common Council (1st and 3rd Monday)
8:00 to 9:00 – American Pickers (DVR)

Tuesday
8:00 – Hard Core Pawn
8:30 – Hard Core Pawn: Chicago
8:00 to 9:00 – Counting Cars (DVR)
9:00 to 10:00 – Shipping Wars
9:00 to 10:00 – American Restoration (DVR)

Wednesday
7:00 to 9:00 – Master Chef

Thursday
7:00 to 8:00 – Hell’s Kitchen
8:00 to 9:00 – Does Someone Have To Go?
8:00 to 9:00 – Pawn Stars (DVR)

Friday
Undercover Boss and Kitchen Nightmares when new episodes are available

Saturday
Open

Somewhat daunting, eh? Now add into the equation as much Match Game and $25,000 Pyramid as I can squeeze in, Brewer games and approximately 6 hours of radio. Yikes, I need help!

To my credit, I have been making it a habit to read the Bible and do my prayers each morning. Hopefully my left hand and wrist will soon improve enough so that I can get back working on my book, “More Kenosha Softball”. At least then I will feel like I am accomplishing something.

Oh well, time for some Extra Strength Tylenol® and Voltaren. Until next time…from the booth.

No comments: