Wednesday, June 26, 2013

MUSIC! MUSIC! MUSIC!

MUSIC UPDATE! Currently, I have 2,833 songs on iTunes. Here are the artists with the most tunes: David Bowie – 36, World Party – 37, Chicago – 39, Alice Cooper – 40, Queen – 62, The Rolling Stones – 74, The Beatles – 92, The BoDeans - 95, The Clash – 99, Dropkick Murphys – 143, R.E.M. – 160, The Who – 412.

The Clash? Where did that come from? Oh well, here are my favorite albums of 10 of the artists on my iTunes list. It was extremely tough to pick a favorite for The Who. (Note: You will notice that I have been so kind as to include the playlist from the albums.)

Alice Cooper – Killer (1971)
Under My Wheels
Be My Lover
Halo of Flies
Desperado
You Drive Me Nervous
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Dead Babies
Killer

Bob Dylan – Blood On The Tracks (1975)
Tangled Up in Blue
Simple Twist of Fate
You’re a Big Girl Now
Idiot Wind
You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
Meet Me in the Morning
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
If You See Her, Say Hello
Shelter from the Storm
Buckets of Rain

The BoDeans – Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams (1986)

She’s a Runaway
Fadeaway
Still the Night
Rickshaw Riding
Angels
Misery
The Strangest Kind
Say You Will
Ultimately Fine
That’s All
Lookin’ for Me Somewhere

Dropkick Murphys – Blackout (2003)
Walk Away
Worker’s Song
The Outcast
Black Velvet Band
Gonna Be a Blackout
World Full of Hate
Buried Alive
The Dirty Glass
Fields of Athenry
Bastards on Parade
As One
This Is Your Life
Time to Go
Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced

Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

Black Dog
Rock and Roll
The Battle of Evermore
Stairway to Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going to California
When the Levee Breaks

Queen – Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
Brighton Rock
Killer Queen
Tenement Funster
Flick of the Wrist
Lily of the Valley
Now I’m Here
In the Lap of the Gods
Stone Cold Crazy
Dear Friends
Misfire
Bring Back That Leroy Brown
She Makes Me (Stormtrooper in Stilettos)
In the Lap of the Gods… Revisited

R. E. M. – Green (1988)

Pop Song 89
Get Up
You Are the Everything
Stand
World Leader Pretend
The Wrong Child
Orange Crush
Turn You Inside-Out
Hairshirt
I Remember California
11

The Rolling Stones – Let It Bleed (1969)

Gimme Shelter
Love In Vain
Country Honk
Live with Me
Let It Bleed
Midnight Rambler
You Got the Silver
Monkey Man
You Can’t Always Get What You want

The Who – The Who By Numbers (1975)

Slip kid
However Much I Booze
Squeeze Box
Dreaming From the Waist
Imagine a Man
Success Story
They Are All in Love
Blue, Red and Grey
How Many Friends
In a Hand or a Face

World Party – Goodbye Jumbo (1990)
Is it Too Late?
Way Down Now
When the Rainbow Comes
Put the Message in the Box
Ain’t Gonna Come Till I’m Ready
And I Fell Back Alone
Take It Up
God On My Size
Show Me to the Top
Love Street
Sweet Soul Dream
Thank You World

Believe it or not, there is plenty of music that I need to add to my list, so I am always open to suggestions. Let me know what you think belongs in my collection. I’ll let you know if I already have it. If I don’t, it might be added! Until next time…from the booth.

No comments: