Sunday, August 18, 2013

Randomness

Waiting and writing. That’s what I’ve been up to lately. There are only 4 or 5 chapters left to be written. Then all that remains for More Kenosha Softball is scanning some photos, massive amounts of editing, writing an introduction and acknowledgements and then doing whatever Publisher Lady tells me to do. I can’t wait to read this book…

So, I figured that I might as well spit out a few random thoughts while I wait for a few final bits of information necessary for the book to hit my email box. Here goes…

It’s a good thing Bobby Cox, Billy Martin and Earl Weaver won’t be managing in 2014 when MLB implements its new instant replay scheme. What is Allan H. “Bud” Selig thinking? With instant replay, managers will have very little reason to argue with the umpires. Well, I guess there are still balls and strikes. For now…

Watching the Packers play their first two-preseason games on Telemundo has taught me a couple of things. Mexican people really do say, “Ay yi yi!” That, and, “No senor” when a kicker missed a field, were the only things I really understood. The thing I learned was the preseason football sucks. A lot…

Baseball play-by-play commentator Brian Anderson irritates me whether he is doing a national game on TBS with John Smoltz and Ron Darling or a Brewers game with Bill Schroeder. He’s not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. I wish one of these ex-jocks would punch him one. Just once…

When I see the Pittsburgh Pirates wearing their 1971 throwback uniforms on Sunday games I immediately think of their World Series team – Manny Sanguillen, Bob Robertson, Dave Cash, Richie Hebner, Gene Alley, Willie “Pops” Stargell, Al Oliver and Roberto Clemente with Dock Ellis on the mound. The sad part is that I can also remember most of their jersey numbers. It’s a sickness…

I would rather watch any show on Antenna TV than any of the “Wives of…” shows or anything with the Kardashians in it. Give me Barney Miller, WKRP in Cincinnati, All in the Family or Married with Children any day. Even Maude. Did I really just say, “Even Maude”? Crap…

Speaking of questionable TV viewing decisions, I watch way too many shows with “Pawn” in the title. With Pawn Stars, Hard Core Pawn, Hard Core Pawn: Chicago and Cajun Pawn Stars already in the rotation, I’m trying not to get hooked on any of the new ones. But Cash Dome doesn’t really have “Pawn” in its title and one of the clerks “motor-boated” a busty customer…


Although I have countless more random thoughts in my ginormous melon, I will stop there. I concentrate on this new episode of Bar Rescue as I wait for my emails to get here so I can get back to writing my book.

Until next time…from the booth.

No comments: