Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ginger or Mary Ann?

My blog today tackles that classic question – Ginger or Mary Ann? It’s a question as much about personality and hopes as it is about looks. Ginger had the va-va-voom figure, the sparkly gowns and the sultry Marilyn Monroe voice. On the other hand, while Mary Ann also had a lovely figure, she was as all-American as the flag. Ginger was the unattainable dream, Mary Ann the more realistic girl next door. Later in the blog, I will reveal whom I was more attracted to.


 


 But, before I do that, there are nine other groups of TV females that I will give my opinion on…

Saved By The Bell – Lisa Turtle, Kelly Kapowski or Jessie Spano? The truth be told, it was none of these three. It was Nikki Coleman from the early episodes. Heather Hopper who had a striking resemblance to my old girlfriend Michelle portrayed her. Google Hopper.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show – Rhoda Morgenstern or Mary Richards? Give me Mary. She had me from her days on the Dick Van Dyke Show. I think it was those tight Capri pants…

Charlie’s Angels – Kelly Garrett, Jill Munroe or Sabrina Duncan? This was a toughie. I went back and forth for a while. Then I remembered THE poster and it was easy. The winner is Jill!

The Brady Bunch – Cindy Brady, Marcia Brady or Jan Brady? This was much easier. It was Jan when I was in high school and forty years later it’s still Jan.

Monk – Sharona Fleming or Natalie Teeger? Another no-brainer – Sharona. She was also cute as Evelyn Gardner in A League of Their Own. Although, I have to admit, Natalie was kind of attractive as Sharon Carter on Two Guys and a Girl.

Saturday Night Live – Tina Fey or Amy Poehler? No offense to Amy, but it has to be Tina. What can I say? She’s Sarah Palin with brains. 

That 70’s Show – Donna Pinciotti or Jackie Burkhart? Despite Jackie being über-hot, I have always been a fan of Donna. Except when she went out with Kelso’s brother. Or that Randy guy. Bitch…

Cheers – Diane Chambers or Rebecca Howe? Diane gets the nod here. If possible, Rebecca was even more annoying than she was. Plus, Diane played the good-hearted prostitute, Belinda Keaton in Night Shift.

WKRP in Cincinnati – Bailey Quarters or Jennifer Marlowe? I’ll leave Jennifer for Burt Reynolds and take Bailey. She was just so gosh-darned wholesome.

And finally…
 

Gilligan’s Island – Ginger Grant or Mary Ann Summers? No, I’m not gonna say Lovie Howell. It had to be Mary Ann. I guess it’s for many of the same reasons I chose Bailey. You have to admit, she’s quite adorable.

Okay, I bared my soul and gave my choices. There ya go. What about you? Leave a comment here or on my Facebook page and let me know you would choose. Until next time…from the booth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, c'mon. It's time to rid ourselves of the era of disdain for the beautiful for the wholesomeness of what we ought to want. Give in to what you know is right and what you really want. It's Ginger, all the way. She's what they've been selling and we've been buying for years and it's all good. She is the American dream. You can get Mary Anne at any County Fair or roadside stand. Ginger is... Ginger. Don't be else just because you think it makes you cool.

Anonymous said...

No opinion on all, but
Rhoda (Mary is too wholesome for me)
Marcia - others too young when I watched
Sabrina - not sure why
Rebecca - both are annoying but she has nicer curves
Mary Ann has a really cool sassy attitude