Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why Didn’t I Listen To Myself?

After the first season of the pitiful Celebrity Apprentice mercifully concluded last year, I promised myself that was it. No more of this pathetic excuse of a reality show. Celebrity Apprentice’s sole purpose is to provide a venue for Donald Trump to stroke his massive ego in front of a collection of various washed-up stars, ex-athletes, and has-beens from other reality shows and a smattering of sex kittens. But alas, I broke my vow.

I wrote that paragraph on March 2 in my blog, “Donald Trump – You’re Fired!” After watching tonight’s 3-hour marathon of a finale, I realized I should have listened to myself. These people have made me sick from March until May!

The show opened billing Trump as “New York’s number one attraction” as he entered the theatre through a smoky fog. Why stop at New York? Why not America? Why not the World?

Donald Trump is the most over-bearing, pompous, conceited person alive. Who does he think he is? I will tell you who thinks he is – GOD! His treatment of Khloe Kardashian in the episode where he fired her was prime evidence of this. I truly feel sorry for anyone who is impressed with this arrogant lout.

I will not waste any more time on my opinion of the “Donald”. He is not worth it. What I will do is share a few things that I came away with watching this 180-minute train wreck.

Dennis Rodman, like all of these “celebrities”, desperately craves attention. He also worries a lot about not getting in trouble.

Tom Green covers up his insecurities by telling corny jokes. He can go from funny to annoying in the blink of an eye.

Clint Black can be summed up in one word – Narcissist. His love for himself is probably the only reason he agreed to appear on the show.

I don’t know who had a fouler mouth, Joan Rivers or Annie Duke, although Annie never referred to Joan as a piece of shit.

I was astonished that “Poker Player” sounded dirty and disgusting each time Joan Rivers squeezed those filthy words through her Botox-bloated lips.

Why don’t Donald Trump, daughter Ivanka and Melissa Rivers speak like normal people when they talk? Maybe if you are a wealthy “celebrity” you sound different because you are special and better than others.

Joan Rivers made it abundantly clear that if Trump ever tires of acting like GOD she can fill in capably.

Annie Duke is pretty well connected for just being a “Poker Player”. But she still cusses like a longshoreman.

I know that I promised no more about Trump’s omnipotent powers, but I have to close with one last item. While introducing last year’s runner-up, Trace Atkins, he stated, “Trace is a huge country music star thanks to Celebrity Apprentice.”

The power of the “Donald” and don’t think that Trump doesn’t believe it either.

Enough already! I can’t go on anymore. I hadn’t planned on writing a blog about this show. I wasn’t even going to watch it remember? Why didn’t I listen to myself? Oh well, “I’m a Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here” starts in June. Until next time…from the booth.

2 comments:

Susan "SB2" said...

I agree Paul. Hos arrogance is asounding. Sues

Greg Turco said...

Exactly: "Donald Trump is the most over-bearing, pompous, conceited person alive."