Thursday, May 24, 2012

More Pigskin Movies!

In case you haven’t noticed, the local baseball teams aren’t exactly setting the world on fire. As I write this, the Brewers are 18-26 and seven games behind the Cardinals in the Central division of the National League. The Cubs are 15-29 and trail the Cards by ten full games. When the Brewers lost Prince Fielder to free agency they not only lost their cleanup hitter, but their personality as well. The Cubs are in a “rebuilding mode” and aren’t even worth loathing. The White Sox are currently hovering around the .500 team, but I’m not much of a fan one way or the other.

If you were to extrapolate the records of the Brewers and the Cubs for the full 162-game schedule, it gets even more pitiful. The Brewers would end up with a record of 66-96. The Cubs would finish with a 55-107 mark. Pretty bleak stuff, huh?

This season is so lackluster I have no problem “flipping the channels” during a Brewer game. If the Crew should somehow miraculously regain their mojo, this could all change, but I’m not holding my breath.

Because I am so uninspired by baseball, I have turned some of my sports attention to football. I know it’s early, but the Packers and the rest of the NFL held OTAs (organized team activities) this week and Donald Driver won Dancing with the Stars.

Football has even made its way into my recent poll questions. Last week’s poll question was “Favorite Football Movies” and was divided into two brackets with 12 movies in each one.

This week’s poll question continues in the football mode with the finals of the “Favorite Football Movies”. The top two teams from each of last week’s bracket are in the finals – The Longest Yard (1974), Brian’s Song, Rudy and The Blind Side. The rest of the results are directly below this week’s poll.

I promise next week’s poll will not be about football. It won’t even be about sports. It will concern something hot and tasty. Now go cast your votes now and let’s find out what football movie is the favorite among From The Booth readers.

Until next time…from the booth.

No comments: