Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Do I Dare…

I have a dilemma. I really enjoy writing my Survivor Recap each week. Not only do I post it here, but also on the Daily Kenoshan as well. When I first started, I would write in pencil and scratch things out and rewrite it several times before hitting the computer. Not being a typing whiz on the keyboard, it would take a considerable amount of time.

I finally gave in and took the advice of my friend Bev. I was reluctant at first because Bev talks funny. You see she is from England. We met about three years ago playing online games in Pogo and have since become dear friends. When I told her how I wrote, she called me a donut and said just start typing. Believe it or not she was right.

Since adopting this new "style" of writing, columns are done much quicker. Last week's was done at 9:15 p.m. Not bad, considering the show ended at 8:00 p.m. and I first had to call Aunt Janet to discuss the latest developments in Gabon.

So, you ask, what is my dilemma? Top Chef premiers November 12th on the Bravo network and besides Survivor, it is one of the few reality shows that I still follow. I have never been a big fan of American Idol and have recently kicked the Apprentice habit, as well as just saying no to Project Runway. It was tough saying good-bye to Heidi Klum, but characters like Christian Siriano and Austin Scarlett made it easier.



That leaves me with (for now) Top Chef and Survivor. Do I dare undertake starting another recap series with Top Chef? It is on Wednesday nights at 9:00 p.m., so I am thinking that the column would probably be posted on Thursday mornings. If you happen to read this blog, please leave a comment or email me and let me know what you think. Until next time…From The Booth.

1 comment:

Leplume said...

As a big Top Chef fan my vote is a resounding YES!