Thursday, April 8, 2010

They Can Do It!

It pains me to say this, but, tonight’s recap of tonight’s episode of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains will be short and sweet. The reason for this is because that is exactly what the winner of the 20th season should be - “short and sweet”. And no, I am not talking about the Hall-of-Famer Russell. He might be short, but he damn sure ain’t sweet. Tonight it became blatantly obvious that the seven remaining women have the numbers and, more importantly, the ability to take control of the game. They can do it!

As much as I am pulling for the Hall-of-Famer, a part of me would love to see the ladies take over. They would be stupid not to. At Tribal Council, Coach became the ninth castaway sent home and at the same time, the first member of the jury. This left the Heroes with three men and two women, while the Villains have five females and the Hall-of-Famer as the lone male.

With the much awaited merge looming in the not-so far distance, the fairer sex must unite as soon as it happens. Five of the seven ladies are dynamic players who have recently shown that they can take charge of a situation. The other two are pathetic and are dead weight.

Amanda and Candice were the only Heroes that realized what a little dirt bag J.T. has become. I think Candice referred to him as the “slimiest guy in the game”. They are both observant, can contribute in challenges and most importantly, trust no one.

On the Villains side of the island, the results are a little more mixed. Parvati, Jerri and Danielle are all evil geniuses in their own right. All three have engineered many a blindside during their seasons on Survivor. Plus, as an added bonus, each of them are accomplished backstabbers.

The remaining two “Villainesses” are of no use to anyone, male or female. Courtney, aka Skeletor and Sandra possess absolutely no athletic ability and therefore have little value in the challenges. Skeletor is so fragile that you fear for her well being. I also realize that Sandra is a former winner, but that was a dozen seasons ago. Additionally they are both accomplished whiners and extremely annoying.

The only thing that could possibly prevent the women from being in the driver’s seat the rest of the way is personalities. The Hero chicks don’t care for the Bad Girls. Jerri and Parvati can’t stand each other. Nobody can stand Skeletor and Sandra hates everyone!

If you don’t think the women can do it, please consider this. For the first time since he’s been on Survivor, the Hall-of-Famer did not vote for the person sent home at Tribal Council. That’s right, he, along with Coach and Jerri, voted for Courtney. While Danielle, Courtney, Sandra and Parvati all voted for and eliminated Coach. And you can Google that FSG Jamie.

That’s my blog for tonight. Short and sweet, just like this season’s winner should be. They can do it! Now, I have to wait for next week and I just know it’s going to be epic. Until next time…from the booth.

6 comments:

Leplume said...

Interesting. The ladies could take over the game...but they won't. They are just not organized enough or smart enough or even secure enough in their own abilities to try. I stand by my first choice...Russell is going to make it to the end. Whether he can actually win or not is a whole other question!

Paul E. Vagnoni said...

Down deep i am pulling for the Hall-of-Famer, but I fear he will have a huge target on his back as soo as the merge occurs.

I wonder why he hasn't been searching for another Hidden Immunity Idol? The Good Guys have another one. And I wonder if the directors tell the women to lay on the beach in a group with their butts in the air? Hmmm…

Sue said...

Paul I trust your judgement but where women are concerned I think Leplume could be right! The women will no way work 'together' unless one of them is very shrewed and 'clever' enough to 'play the game' so to speak. 'Til next week.

Paul E. Vagnoni said...

Sue, I sure hope that both you and Mary are right because I do want the Hall-of-Famer to win it all. But I have seen it the women do it before.

I was reminded of that last night when they were showing clips from past shows. I almost vomited in my mouth when I saw Natalie. She was the most despicable piece of…

Greg Turco said...

I enjoyed last night's episode more than any episode lately. I liked how Sandra got coach voted out. I did not realize until I read your blog that Russell actually voted for Courtney.

A smart tribe would have voted for Courtney, but the villains are not so smart.

An all girls alliance makes a lot of sense, but that is not the game that Parvati plays. She is too much of a flirt.

Paul E. Vagnoni said...

It will be very interesting to see how it plays out Greg!